Tailspin Spy Works won't run

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Hi I am an experienced PHP developer and am trying to learn asp.net and stumbled over the TailspinSpyworks tutorial/application.  I have downloaded the app and opened it in VSWD2010 and debugged locally and the site runs but if I click into a category and then click to view a products details, it throws an error, and I get an error message on the "Error.aspx" page that gives a fairly standard error message on line 15 (Label_ErrorMessage.Text = Request["InnerErr"].ToString();) which I'm not quite sure what it means! After I click contine debugging the Error.aspx in the browser shows the Error page with querystring:

http://localhost:5080/Error.aspx?InnerErr=Object%20reference%20not%20set%20to%20an%20instance%20of%20an%20object.&Err=Exception%20of%20type%20%27System.Web.HttpUnhandledException%27%20was%20thrown.

And the page content shows the querystring values of:

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Surely if this is being used as a learning aid it should run, in VS without falling over when I try to view a product? If someone could let me know what is causing this error and the fix for it would be appreciated as at the momet, seems like a pretty useless learning aid.

Jul 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Hello

Did you get any reply.  I have tried other apps and they work so whats going on here. 

My connection string for the entity data model doesn't work have you got any ideas?