Parser Error

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:13 AM

I'm getting this error when trying to view any of the pages in a browser:

Parser Error

<!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } -->

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="TailspinSpyworks.Global" Language="C#" %>

Source File: /global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

<!-- [HttpException]: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData) [HttpParseException]: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) [HttpParseException]: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() [HttpException]: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'. at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod() at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) [HttpException]: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'. at System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) -->
Aug 27, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Hi There, I've received the same parser error also when trying to view the default.aspx page for the TailspinSpyworks tutorial in the IE browser and via F5.

I'm trying to follow the Tailspin Spyworks tutorial.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="TailspinSpyworks.Global" Language="C#" %>

Source File: /global.asax    Line: 1

I'm still trying to workout what the cause to the problem is?

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I don't know.  There's a vb version download on this site.  Go to source code, then click patches.  I tried that and it works. 

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Hi Foxy;

make sure your Global.asax.cs contains the following methode

void Application_Error(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Exception myEx = Server.GetLastError();
String RedirectUrlString = "~/Error.aspx?InnerErr=" + myEx.InnerException.Message.ToString() + "&Err=" + myEx.Message.ToString();

Response.Redirect(RedirectUrlString);
}

Inner Exception is null sometime.

Also in Error.aspx need to check InnerErr query string parameter.

Otherwise just load the whole CS solution from the download, that is if you are not following Joe's vids,, BTW a good practice is to

also follow the PDF tutorial.

Good luck.

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Edited Aug 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hi attrib75,

Thank you,, this maybe is the first feedback that I indirectly received from my uploaded VB version.

Aug 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Basba, that was you that wrote that?  I rather enjoy it very much!  I'm new to C# so I'm using it as a learning tool.  I'm also new to figuring out how carts work.  As for the parser error we are getting, I'm not sure I understand your answer.  Does the absence of the fix you suggested above, result in the error "Could not load type 'TailspinSpyworks.Global", because it is missing that required code?

thanks!

Aug 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Yes it does, and I honestly don't know why this error fires up as a parser error,  I too had problems with it at the start, and in the C# version there's like spelling errors too which fires up as a totally unrelated errors,  e.g. ViewOrder is spelled VewOrder without an "i", and a few other tidbits one has to watch out for.  So if you are following the vids, try to read the PDF tutorials too and that way you will have a bette hold on the applications inner workings.  That is what I did even when I was translating it to VB, I do admit that the translation is missing order and form but hey, it is a rough one.  Thsoe who want to play with it they can clean it up if they wanted to.  But!  it does work and it is fully functional.  And again thanx for using my VB version.

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM

That's very helpful, thank you

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Edited Aug 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM

U R welcome,

Another thing though, this type of app is NOT a web application, it will fire up (again) a lot of wiered  errors, if you for example try to call it from your local host ( like if you had copied the application to your wwwroot directory and converted it to an application through IIS to run on localhost (http://localhost(((you see here without ":#####" )))/myTailspinSpyworks/) in other words from outside the .Net debug server. 

The way to get it to work as a web app is to start it as a new web site project from the start, and trust me, it is a totally different structure and good experience. 

ONE LAST THING: and this goes to all who are doing the Tailspin app,,, always be sure that the db in the project is UNBLOCKED.

Aug 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Hi everyone, 

thank you for all your feedback. It's much appreciated. I'm trying what you suggested.

Cheers