Lets create backend web administration module

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM

hello every one this is syed imran i am web developer i work on .net technologies this project is interesting and i am interested in contributing ideas and code to this project

this is my second year in coding web application in on.net technologies and  want to learn more

i am working to develop user friendly interface for administration to

add products ,

add category,

delete product,

edit products

without logging in user can check there order details just by typing the order No(for this i have created a page with search box where user enter order no and he gets the order details)

later we will add payment gateway (paypal)

i want all people help and contribution of code and idea to  build this administration module

waiting for reply from project members ,developers,followers 

chat with me on imranunicorn@gmail.com

thank you have a nice day

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:04 AM

I think it would be best if you would issue a "Check order status" alfa-numeric no, for ordering customers after they submit theri order, that should relieve them from the hastle of logging in everytime (which I don't thin it should be) they wanted to check their order summary.

But I would like to the code behind that search page.

Thanx

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM

hello basba how you doing

thanks for replying

check order status is good instead of check order details

here what i am trying to do is checking details of products the customer purchased not the status     but it is good idea to include status like "product delivelere""inprogress".etc

i also have created a page where admin can add new products  and edit existing procducts and detele products using gridview and formview

soon i am going to upload this project on my website 

but i have a problem uploading products image

i want all people help and contribution of code and idea to  build this administration module

waiting for reply from project members ,developers,followers 

chat with me on imranunicorn@gmail.com

thank you have a nice day

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Hello syedimran

I have checked out your order status or details pages but it did not work with my tailspin, instead I will keep the simple code that I have created which I will be glad to show you if you liked to see it.

I only made one page where the customer (not logged in) can enter the order number he/she received after order submission, and see the status of their order from the Orders table. I included some simple logic to it too.

Later I will try to work on Joining info from other tables, when I get some free time that is.

However I would like to look at your edit, insert, delete products page, it should go in a seperate Admin folder with all security implementations in mind, I would guess.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM

hello basba

when you open the project run it and  click on the top menu " check your order " you will see a search box and a button 

type any three number 123or 127

you will see the order details

to access add product page  open project in vsweb developer and in admin folder you can see add product page click on it and it will ask for password 

user name:  syedimran ,, ,passowrd: imran123

you will see a grid view list  where you can edit ,update,delete product

and in the last column in gridview click on details it will open separate page with complete producct details there also you can add ,edit ,update ,delete products

i am facing problem when upload image i need help on uploading products image

i will upload the project again

have a look  and reply me back

waiting for your reply

thank you

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Hello Syed

I took a quick look at it, and yet it is very ordinary, anyhow I couldn't see any "Insert" or "New" command any where, was that something you were trying to implement.

With regards to the images, you would hvae to change the eval paths in the productList and productDetails aspx files in order to get the images to show in the default page,

I believe the paths goes into the Cataloge folder and uses the images folder and its Thumbs subfolder.

With the Edit command you could set the path for the image you want, but still have to copy a thumbnail into the folder for the correct path in productsList to find.

Personally I did not want to play with this project when I faced the hasle of the "Insert" methode and I just postponed the work on that to free my free time for MVC3 projects.

It does look like the code I started with a long time ago, but my way about it is to do a codebehind for the whole process, the same way it is done for the shopping cart Add and Update

I think it is best that way.

One advise, it is best if you use the entity connection instead of the Datasets and Objects, that will save you a lot of time.

But let me know if you have found a way around to Inserting new items.  I have not checked the DB for relations or association yet and I think it is ok since it updates OK.

Later